Have you ever been working on a work or personal project and you realize you’ve made massive amounts of progress? It feels like the time just flew by, and instead of feeling drained after, you feel awesome and energized.
In this episode, we’re going to talk about how to get into a state of Flow, and we’ll give you 5 tools you can use to get there yourself.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Thanks to Sleep Cycle for supporting The Productivity Show. Sleep Cycle is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial of their intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Learn more at SleepCycle.com/tps.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:19]
- What flow state is and why we all strive for it in our work [6:37]
- The three things you need to get into a flow state [12:34]
- How to create a flow state ritual [14:55]
- Why visualizing your day is an easy way to hone your focus for flow state [28:33]
- How focusing on a single task at a time can reinforce your state of flow [30:53]
- What Brooks means when he says you want your tasks to be difficult but not too hard [36:05]
- How to find a quiet and calm place to get into flow state [43:04]
- Using the Pomodoro technique and deadlines to help get reinforce routine [46:43]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [52:37]
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.